Time & Location
About The Event
How a Derby works: Each driver will be timed through numbered course of cones and hazard gates to be done in the proper direction and in the correct number order. A round is run as a timed competition with penalties converted to seconds. There are 2 rounds per competitor. The times and penalty scores are added together to produce a fi-nal score and placing. Entry with the lowest score wins in the class. In case of a tie, the driver with lowest penalty score will win or a drive off can be done at the organizer’s discretion. The following are rules to be followed:
• Turnout is neat, clean, marathon style, No shorts.
• Except for single small pony & VSE, all turnouts must have a navigator. Navigators may ride with 2 different turnouts.
• ALL PERSONS must wear a ASTM/SEI helmet with chin strap secured. A protective vest is highly suggested.
• A whip must be carried while on course. If whip is dropped, a spare may be retrieved by the navigator.
• Cones width set at 2 meters (79 in) and hazard gate width set at 3 meters (10 ft).
• Each cone pair and each hazard gate will be marked with a red marker on the right & a white marker on the left.
More details and scoring specifics on the following pages. Please read them carefully. It is your responsibility to know the rules and understand them before the competition.
This is a new thing for most of us. Let’s try it and have some fun. Get out there and drive your equines.