ENTRIES FULL - Silver Whip Farms CT (2-Phase) & DT
Time & Location
About The Event
Rocky Mountain Carriage Club Silver Whip Farms CT (2-Phase) & DT
Silver Whip Farm Fort Collins, Colorado
September 26-27, 2020
Entries open: NOW
Entries close: September 18, 2020
Organizer: RMCC Event Committee
Secretary & Contact: Nancy Bruckhauser 303-776-6246 email@example.com OR Kerri Rochon 720-684-9435 firstname.lastname@example.org
Email entries to: email@example.com
Pay through PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail entries to: Kerri Rochon 3631 Coyote Trail, Berthoud, CO 80513
Course Designer: Thorston Zarembowicz
Divisions: Training, Preliminary, Intermediate (entries sign up)
Classes: VSE, Ponies, Horses; Pairs, Multiples
(Make all checks payable to RMCC or send funds through PayPal: email@example.com)
3-phase HDT $110
Late Entry fee $50 (Entries postmarked after 09/18/2020; accepted only if space is available)
Stabling Please inquire about availability
Refund Policy: Before September 10, 2020: full refund less $25 office fee. Between September 10, 2020 and September 18, 2020: full refund with MD/DVM certificate less $25 office fee; after September 18, 2020, no entry fee refund.
Stabling: There are a few stalls available at Silver Whip Farm. Please call Carol Ackerman to inquire about availability and cost. (970-231-6773) If Silver Whip Farm is not an option, please call Nancy to inquire about stalls elsewhere. There are a few private facilities within 30 minutes of the show site that have stabling for horses. Cost will be at the owner’s discretion.
Friday, September 25th:
12:00 PM Secretary’s Office opens.
5:00 PM Competitor Briefing and Course Walk
Saturday, September 26th:
9:00 AM Dressage start (Presentation is on the move) 9:30 AM Cones will be located in middle of forest
Sunday, September 27th:
Safety Check for Marathon Start – competitors should report for safety check 15 minutes before their marathon go time
10:00 AM Marathon start
Early Afternoon: Awards to be presented as soon as all scores are official.
New ADS Tests: Training Test C; Preliminary Test C; Intermediate Test C.
Available on the RMCC web site.
40m x 80m, packed dirt footing
Grass or dirt arena
Per ADS rules: may include bridge, U or L; pasture grass footing.
35 cm (VSE: 30 cm)
30 cm (VSE: 25 cm)
25 cm (VSE: 15 cm)
- Course walk will be done by pickup truck or golf cart on Friday afternoon. All obstacles can be walked to from the trailer parking area
- Type of Terrain: Dirt roads and grass pastures. There may be water at one hazard (weather permitting). The entire marathon is located on show grounds.
Training Level (including VSE): 1 section; 3-4 km; 5 obstacles, 3 gates ea
Preliminary Level (including VSE): 1 section; 4-5 km; 5 obstacles, 4 gates ea
Intermediate Level (including VSE): 1 section; 4-5 km; 5 obstacles; 4 gates ea
ALL HORSES must have a negative Coggin test and a health certificate (required for Silver Whip Farm). Health certificate and negative Coggins test required for all out of state horses. Please send copies of papers with entry.
• ASTM/SEI approved HELMETS and SAFETY VESTS are REQUIRED for the marathon (driver & grooms). The helmet must be properly fitted with chin strap in place and worn correctly on head. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• No Dogs allowed on property
• Appropriate attire including whip, gloves, lap robe or driving apron and hat is required. ASTM/SEI approved safety helmets are required for all drivers under 18 years for dressage and cones and required as above for the marathon.
• Breeching and/or brakes are required for marathon.
• Harness and vehicles must be in good condition and safe. Vehicles may have iron or solid rubber tires. Pneumatic tires on vehicles will be allowed for Training level ONLY. Any vehicle, harness or equipment found to be unsafe will not be allowed to compete or remain in use during the event.
• All horses, while put to a carriage, must be bridled. Failure to comply will incur ELIMINATION.
• Junior drivers under the age of 14 years must be accompanied in the carriage by a knowledgeable adult horseperson AT ALL TIMES. Failure to comply will incur ELIMINATION.
• Personal golf carts, scooters and bikes may be used on the show grounds by a licensed adult only and at the owner’s risk. RMCC accepts NO responsibility for accidents or injuries.
• RMCC Silver Whip HDT will be conducted and judges according to ADS rules. ADS veterinary and cruelty rules will be observed. If, during the show, an animal is deemed unfit to continue, it will be eliminated. This decision, under the aegis of the Judge, will be final.
• Please consider sponsoring lunches for volunteers; $10 each. RMCC greatly appreciates any help.